Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy birthday (And cake and icecream and ...)

My younger son turned one today! I can hardly believe how time flies...and then, the depressing thought of how I'm still NOT back to my pre-pregnancy weight (from him, not all the way back to the beginning) even though an entire year has passed.

A week and a half ago, I decided that I was going to set a high goal for myself for this time of year. Yes, along with birthdays dispersed throughout the holiday season (aka. Thanksgiving thru New Year's), I am set on the road to losing weight amongst all the candy, cookies, hot chocolate, and overly delightful meals that will be set before me. I have parties to attend and baking to do and I am setting this goal. I will lose TEN pounds by New Year's. Why, you ask? Because it's time to stop making excuses for myself. I'm sure I've said this before, but I am very much an overeater. I don't label myself as an emotional eater (although that happens from time to time) but I just over do it when I see good food in front of me. I used to make the excuse that I'm a breastfeeding mama, so I need those extra calories. Haha. Was that a joke! I am training myself to say "no" and to eat all in moderation. Good foods will be around after this meal, so I don't need to act as if this is my last meal. And even if it would be my last meal, I am sure that once I'm dead, I'm not going to care.

With this goal, I'm 3 lbs in! Seven heavy pounds to go, but I am proud of myself. I am weighing an all-time low since having Mark. I've lost 5 1/2 pounds total since I started this weightloss group and I know I can do it! Next goal: EXERCISE more!!! It's so easy to not go to the gym because that requires so much coordination and getting myself out the door in this (brrr!) cold. I can do it. I know I can!

Plus, I am a bridesmaid in two weddings this summer, so I want to look my best :).

No comments:

Post a Comment