Friday, October 23, 2009

All About Sheri

We thought we would start off with a more detailed bio on each of us so you would know where we are and how we came to be in "this place". 

I am Sheri.  :)  I am 35 years old (yikes!) and am married to Jason, my high school sweetheart.  We have one daughter named Hannah who will be turning 3 in February, and we have a fur child/Black Laborador Retriever named Denali who is 6 years old.  Let me see...let's travel back to when this weight thing started.  Ugh!  Well, in high school, I weighed in at about 105 lbs soaking wet.  LOL  Sooooo very long ago.  The funny thing is that looking back, my eating habits back then stunk!  I remember eating a Taco Snack and cinnamon roll each day from the cafeteria for lunch. Man, I literally can still taste those things - they were so incredibly yummy.  Beans, meat and cheese fried into a tortilla?  What could be better?  Bleck!  Also, I was addicted to Mountain Dew, Funyuns, Skor Bars and Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.  Yet, I still only weighed 105 lbs.  I think my portion sizes were definitely smaller and I was also very busy with working, social life, extracurricular activities, etc so while what I ate was unhealthy, I did not have time to eat a whole lot of it.  

Anyway, so then comes a move across country from Alaska to Tennessee for college.  So much change....bring on the emotional eating and the comfort food.  Gino's breadsticks with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar at night, late nights at Perkins Restaurant studying and eating, you get the picture.  Well, by the end of my freshman year, I was 138 lbs.  Ha!  What I wouldn't GIVE to weigh that again!!  Isn't that funny?  Well, at the end of my junior year, I decided it was time to do something about it so I lost about 25 lbs through watching what I was eating and exercising.  I felt great.  Then, just about a year later I moved to Alaska and got married.  You know what they say happens when you are happily married.  Yup, the pounds started packing on...AGAIN.  Finally, in 2001, I decided it was time for them to go away again so I lost 37 lbs.  I was totally a happy camper again.  Then, Jason and I moved across the country again from Alaska to Virginia which brought its own stresses, of course, starting over in a new place.   So, you guessed it...bring on the pounds...AGAIN.  

In 2007 we gave birth to our beautiful daughter, Hannah Lauren.  I was able to lose all of my pregnancy weight rather quickly which was a good thing; however, that did not mean I was where I wanted to be.  I have lost 10 pounds and gained them back a couple of times since  having Hannah.  When Hannah was four months old, we moved from Virginia to the suburbs of Chicago.  Jason was offered a management job for a local railroad here which allowed me to stay home and raise our daughter comfortably so it was an answered prayer.  So, here we are, 2 1/2 years later living in Chicago, and I have decided it is time to get rid of this for good. No more yo yo dieting.  It is ridiculous especially once I type it all out to you guys because now I really see just how many times I have lost and gained the same pounds.  LOL Not good!  :)  Thanks for sharing in our journey!  I hope you find some inspiration for yourself along the way!

Blessings!
Sheri 


No comments:

Post a Comment