Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stepping out of the box

The other day I was listening to Oprah (because with 2 kids thats about all you can do) and her show was about stepping out of the box, to be bold. On the show Oprah had 4 women do three things - roller derby, sky diving, and skinny dipping. I found the show interesting and it did make some good points. For me it made me think that I have pushed part of "me" down deep inside. Growing up as the obese girl I never wanted to bring extra attention to myself all I wanted to do was hide myself, hide my fat. I know that there are lots of things I have and still want to do. I feel like on the outside I dont truly represent myself. My mom always told me that when I was little I was fearless but I feel like I have let the world get the best of me. One of the moms on Oprah said she wanted to do these things because she wanted her children to be proud of her and look up to hear. I know how that feels. Being a mom of a girl really makes more aware of how I am as a person. So part of this journey for me is to be true to myself. I dont want to hide behind all these walls I have put up. I have also decided that after this winter and yucky weather I am going going to make a bold move and step out of my box and do something daring. I would also like to challenge my other mommy friends to do this too. Now im not talking about a new hair color or wearing a dress im talking about more. For me I think that will be skydiving or rock climbing. I havent totally made up my mind but come on ladies lets think big.

Another thing that always catches my attention is the theme song to The Biggest Loser. If you really listen to the words I think it can be inspiring and the part that always gets me is -what have you done today to make you feel proud - I think that should be something we should all think about because as moms we should be proud of ourselves and our family.

Now I have to run because one child is crying and the other needs a diaper change.

No comments:

Post a Comment